I am delighted to create this course teaching how to draw a full painting of a boat standing in the water. This image was a cover image for one of my courses and many students expressed their interest to know how to draw water using pens, inks and watercolors.
This is a two and half hours long comprehensive course which will guide you to learn
1. How to do a preliminary pencil sketch?
2. How to convert this pencil sketch into a pen sketch? What precautions need to be taken when starting with the pen sketch?
3. How to apply colors? How to use colored inks and watercolors interchangeably and in harmony?
4. How to color the water? How to draw texture for various materials like wood and rusty metal?
5. Dry brush technique for indicating the textures.
6. Implying depth in a sketch / painting.
I am a self taught artist living in a very populous city called Pune, in a very populous country called India.
I work in the thriving Indian software industry since more than two decades. But art is my main passion (apart from family, books, movies, scuba diving, travelling, and writing, not necessarily in that order!).
I am actively involved in fine arts, graphic novels, animated graphic novels, and short film making, I work in several media like pen & inks, watercolors, oil colors, acrylics and digital. I sketch and paint various themes like landscapes, figures, portraits and urban sketches. I am an active member of the Urban Sketchers community.
I have written several bestseller art instruction books. You can see a catalog of all my books here:
I regularly conduct workshops for sketching, and have participated in several exhibitions. My sketches and paintings are present in private collection in India as well as in other countries.