Who is this course for?
- Are you a beginner who is intimidated by the mere thought of sketching? - This course is for you
- Are you a hobby artist looking for a great way to create mind boggling sketches? - This course is for you
- Are you a pro artist looking to add a fantastic tool to your arsenal? - This course is for you
What do you need to start this course?
- Loads of enthusiasm!
- A pen (any color, any make, any type)
- A paper
- Some basics in Pen and Ink sketching (Refer to my course "Introduction to Pen and Ink Sketching" for details)
What will you learn?
- To sketch stone and brick walls using pens and inks, rendering excellent textures.
- To sketch wood texture
- To draw roof tiles with patterns and details.
Of course, real learning happens from doing, So you will also do some hands-on sketching step by step through fun and exciting exercises for each of the above.
Before you begin ...
Pen and inks is a medium born for contrast and texture effect. Let's set off on this amazing journey to create magical sketches through this medium,
I am a self taught artist living in a very populous city called Pune, in a very populous country called India.
I work in the thriving Indian software industry since two decades. But art is my main passion (apart from family, books, movies, scuba diving, travelling, and writing, not necessarily in that order).
I am actively involved in fine arts, graphic novels, animated graphic novels, and short film making, I work in several media like pen & inks, watercolors, oil colors, acrylics and digital. I sketch and paint various themes like landscapes, figures, portraits and urban sketches. I am an active member of the Urban Sketchers community.
I regularly conduct workshops for sketching, and have participated in several exhibitions. My sketches and paintings are present in private collection in India as well as in other countries.