Who is this course for?
- Are you a beginner who is intimidated by the mere thought of sketching? - This course is for you
- Are you a hobby artist looking for a great way to create mind boggling sketches? - This course is for you
- Are you a pro artist looking to add a fantastic tool to your arsenal? - This course is for you
What do you need to start this course?
- Loads of enthusiasm!
- A pen (any color, any make, any type)
- A paper
What will you learn?
- Learn to have a fresh look at the world, with the vision of an artist. A world where even seemingly ordinary objects take on a life of a sketch subject!
- Various materials used in pen and ink sketching,
- Shading techniques, and sketching monochrome and colored sketches.
Of course, real learning happens from doing, So you will also do some hands-on sketching step by step through two fun and exciting exercises.
Before you begin ...
I am really excited to indulge in this versatile and super convenient medium of sketching, and at the end of the course, I hope to transfer some of that excitement to you.
So what are you waiting for? Let's explore this amazing medium and get rolling.
I am a self taught artist living in a very populous city called Pune, in a very populous country called India.
I work in the thriving Indian software industry since more than two decades. But art is my main passion (apart from family, books, movies, scuba diving, travelling, and writing, not necessarily in that order!).
I am actively involved in fine arts, graphic novels, animated graphic novels, and short film making, I work in several media like pen & inks, watercolors, oil colors, acrylics and digital. I sketch and paint various themes like landscapes, figures, portraits and urban sketches. I am an active member of the Urban Sketchers community.
I have written several bestseller art instruction books. You can see a catalog of all my books here:
I regularly conduct workshops for sketching, and have participated in several exhibitions. My sketches and paintings are present in private collection in India as well as in other countries.
PreviewPart 1 - Learning to "See" (4:06)
PreviewPart 2 - Materials (2:58)
PreviewPart 3 - Shading Techniques - 1 (4:50)
StartPart 4 - Shading Techniques - 2 (2:52)
StartPart 5 - Shading Techniques - 3 (2:30)
StartPart 6 - Sketching Demo - Waterfall (7:27)
StartPart 7A - Sketching Project - Color (15:00)
StartPart 7B - Sketching Project - Color (10:36)
StartPart 8 - The Possibilities (0:54)
StartBonus Lecture - Book and an additional amazing demonstration - Part 1 (10:00)
StartBonus Lecture - Book and an additional amazing demonstration - Part 2 (10:00)
StartBonus Lecture - Book and an additional amazing demonstration - Part 3 (9:57)